cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "RameshBabu R Muthuvel" <rmrameshb...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: EJB, Cocoon, transaction management - need help for overview
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2001 11:03:33 GMT
Hi

I don't know how cocoon helps in transaction management, but i know how you
attain it using jboss.

In jboss, you include it as part of the deployment descriptor.

ramesh

----Original Message Follows----

I donít know much about EJB but I have read that EJB has transaction
management, distributed transactions, and support for mission-critical
applications. My question is how does this fit with Cocoon? Are you putting
Cocoon on top of your EJB-application for cache-use and for converting to
the format desired. Or can you put most of your program-logic in Cocoon and
really donít need EJB? Are there any transaction control in Cocoon? Do you
only use Cocoon if you donít need transaction management/control or doesnít
the technologies fit together - because it would be to slow or so? Has
anyone tried this and made it work well?

Thanks for any help that would clear my view of EJB and Cocoon.
/Bjarne