cocoon-users mailing list archives

From cc ...@carnagepro.com>
Subject Re: [C2] Flash
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2001 01:59:08 GMT

On Fri, 15 Jun 2001, Denny wrote:

> You might as well consider the developments taking place in SVG. With
> the inclusion of SMIL and SVG in the not too distant future SVG IMHO
> holds more promise than any "proprietary" format...
>
> regards
> Denny

 It's not directly XML but you might want to have a look at libming as a php
module ... that's right a module in a module ;), php can also render XML
 but that's another story.

http://opaque.net/ming/

 One can make Flash movies entirly with the ming extensions to php. There
are some usefull examples on the ming site.
 One can directly produce flash stuff or write a .swf for use elsewhere. I too
think svg has great promise but flash works well and now we have several
libraries, libswf which is not GPL and libming which is ;^).

 S' fun got a bit at:

 http://bcbuds.org