cocoon-users mailing list archives

From john.lehm...@axis.com.au
Subject XSP NoClassDefFound (but not sun/tools/javac/Main)
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2001 00:09:11 GMT

Hi,

There is something funny going on with my cocoon interpreter or
classloader...  I am using an xsp page to format data, part of which is
creating a simple bean (so simple that all it has an empty constructor and a
single method that returns some xml... no explicit imports).

The page compiles correctly (so the class is found correctly during
compilation) but then when the page is executed, I get a
java.lang.NoClassDefFound error, referring to my test class.

  java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: framework/test/PretendEJB
              at
_opt._www._websites._laetitia._html._test._unitprice._unit_price.populateDoc
ument(_unit_price.java:149)
              at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPPage.getDocument(XSPPage.java:97)

The snippet of xml that is causing the problem is:

  <xsl:template match="unit-price-matrix2">
    <xsp:logic>
	framework.test.PretendEJB ejb = new framework.test.PretendEJB();
	</xsp:logic>
	<xsp:content select="unit-price-matrix">
	  <xsp:expr>
	  ejb.getXML()
	  </xsp:expr>
	</xsp:content>
  </xsl:template>

I am not sure that this will end up working as I expect, anyway, but not
finding the class is a bit of a showstopper.  A JSP page in the same
directory works as expected.  I would have thought that the servlet shared
the same class loader as the JSP engine.

Specs:

  Cocoon 1.8.2
  Tomcat 3.2.2
  Apache 1.3.19
  JDK 1.3.1
  Linux 2.4.2-2 (Redhat 7.1)

--
| John J. Lehmann, johnl@axis.com.au
+ 31.  During the service, play with plastic dinosaurs. If someone asks
+ what you're doing, tell them: "These are dinosaurs. They ruled the
+ earth over 65 million years ago."