cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Bentley, Tim" <TIM.BENT...@ca.com>
Subject RE: Cocoon with Ldap
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2001 01:42:57 GMT
Janesh -

You're probably better off using the LDAP or ELDAP logicsheets, which are
maintained by Jeff Turner (are you out there Jeff?).  I'm not familiar with
the syntax of whatever method you're currently using, so it's difficult to
help!

The logicsheets mentioned above are fairly straight-forward and work well.
The original LDAP logicsheet only works with C1, but ELDAP should work with
C2 (although I haven't had time to test it yet).

If you want copies of the logicsheets and some sample XML pages, let me know
and I can email them to you.

Regards,

Tim Bentley

-----Original Message-----
From: Janesh Vasudeva [mailto:jvasudeva@asapsolutions.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 13 June 2001 20:51
To: xml-dev-request@lists.xml.org; cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Fw: Cocoon with Ldap

----- Original Message -----
From: Janesh Vasudeva <mailto:jvasudeva@asapsolutions.com>

Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2001 4:13 PM
Subject: Cocoon with Ldap

When i try to acces  Ldap Server , it gives me this error

Wed Jun 13 15:57:57 GMT+05:30 2001:<I> <ServletContext-General> *.xml: init
Exception: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: [LDAP: error code 32 - No
Such Ob
ject]; remaining name 'o=ireason.com,uid=rdesantis,ou=people'
using renderer org.apache.fop.render.pdf.PDFRenderer
using element mapping org.apache.fop.fo.StandardElementMapping
using element mapping org.apache.fop.svg.SVGElementMapping
building formatting object tree
setting up fonts
formatting FOs into areas
 [1]
rendering areas to PDF
writing out PDF

with this code

<ldap-defs>
   <ldap-server name="ireason.com">
    <initializer>com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory</initializer>
    <ldap-serverurl> </">ldap://reason2.ireason.com:389/
<ldap://reason2.ireason.com:389/> </ldap-serverurl>
   </ldap-server>
   <ldap-querydefs name="standard" default="yes"/>
  </ldap-defs>
  <ldap-query server="ireason.com"
ldap-searchbase="o=ireason.com,uid=rdesantis,ou=people" defs="standard">
  msisdnlist=*
   </ldap-query>

what does this msisdnlist stands for ?

whereas this data i get when i run java program to get ldap details

uid=rdesantis, ou=people, o=ireason.com
firstname = Robert
lastname = DeSantis
uid = RDeSantis
location = san jose.california.us.northamerica
role = null
language = pt
email = rdesantis@ireason.com <mailto:rdesantis@ireason.com>
mobile = 408.393.4341