cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Seifert" <sseif...@pro-vision.de>
Subject Problems with cocoon-2.0b1 and tomcat-4.0-b5
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2001 19:43:54 GMT
Hello.

I tried running cocoon 2.0b1 with tomcat-4.0-b5 on Windows 2000 with JDK
1.3.1. It works, but it takes incredibly long to startup and compile
sitemaps etc.

I.e. calling the root at http://localhost:8080/cocoon takes something
about 10 minutes at a Pentium III-1 GHz, 512Meg RAM. Calling the simple
hello world-Sample still takes a minute or so.

Anyone else encountered this problem? I only installed cocoon 2 as
described in the docs via building the WAR-File and copying it to the
webapps directory.

Stefan Seifert