cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2] : <xsp:attribute> not really OK !!
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2001 14:05:55 GMT
Samuel ARNOD-PRIN wrote:

> It is maybe not a bug... but xsp:attribute are difficult to handle using
> C2...
>
> for example :
>
> <mytag>
> <xsp:logic>String text="here is my value";</xsp:logic>
> <xsp:attribute
> name="myattribute"><xsp:expr>text</xsp:expr></xsp:attribute>
> </mytage>
>
> is ... WRONG !

what were you trying to do?

What you specified should be rendered:

<mytag myattribute="here is my value"/>

However, how you wrote it will not work in C2: the logic
part needs to come before <mytag/>.  This is due to the SAX
model, and all attributes are built _before_ the startElement
is called.  This makes conditional attributes difficult to
do.

If you were trying to simply include the text "here is my value"
I have to ask why you didn't do that anyway.  If you are
trying to use a dynamically dirived value--there should be nothing
stopping you.