cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: XSP: How to use one custom taglib from within another
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2001 16:15:58 GMT
On 20.Jun.2001 -- 12:11 PM, William Bagby wrote:
> I am having trouble using one of my custom tag libraries from within
> another.  I wrote a "utility" taglib which consists of some generic methods
> and such, and I am trying to use one of the tags like this:
>
> <xsl:template match="mylib:mytag">
> 	<myUtilLib:process-request/>
>
> </xsl:template>
>
> Yet in my generated code, the tag is being inserted as a plain old element
> node, and no processing is being done with it.  Additionally, I am also
> using Cocoon's built-in <util> taglib, and it's being processed just fine.
> I know *something* is being done with my Utility library because the code
> inside the <xsl:template match="xsp:page"> logic portion is being inserted
> as expected.
>
> I have tried various things, such as putting it inside/outside the
> <xsp:logic> tag, and declaring the namespace in my other taglib, but it
> still won't work. I've looked in the mailing list archive, and on the FAQ,
> but the information on mulitple XSP taglibs is sketchy, and I've seen
> conflicting information.  Some say the "order of the namespace declarations
> is important", some say otherwise.  And what about this enigmatic
> <?xsp-logicsheet?> PI?
>
> Any suggestions?

This is a wild guess, but do you use <xsl:value-of ...> in the
template of the <mylib:mytag>? If so, try to change it to <xsl:copy-of
...>.

Why? value-of inserts one text node while copy-of inserts a tree.

If this doesn't help, provide us with more info (which version of
cocoon, your taglibs, your cocoon.xconf)

	Chris.

--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de