cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mariano Kamp <mk...@codamax.com>
Subject Re: Is SQLTransformer gonna be there?..Re: SQL Transfomer
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2001 07:50:05 GMT
I have the same question as guru man. When to use esql and when to use the
sql transformer? Please correct my below described assumptions.

I started with esql, but moved to the Sql-Transformer, because esql works on
the generator level and I want to have a "ReportDefintionxxx.xml" as the
first file in my pipeline/matcher. So Sql-Transformer seems more naturally to
me. Actually I want to use a home grown Transformer that extracts some of the
Data from ReportDefinition.xml and build a sql-statement which will then be
transformed (executed) by the SQL-Transformer. This is because we want the ba
people to give the opportunity to manage the reports in one file.
I haven't seen any way to do that with esql, but it's also possibly that I
missed the whole point. Wouldn't be the first time ;-)

Furthermore I like that SQL Transformer uses prepared statements.
The only thing I don't like too much about SQL Transformer is that I can
tweak really the element names of the generated output.

Mariano