cocoon-users mailing list archives

From giacomo <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2] beginner questions
Date Wed, 09 May 2001 18:07:20 GMT

On Wed, 9 May 2001, Steffen Stundzig wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm back to Cocoon and I've read the documentation for Cocoon 2, to
> develop some great things. :-)
>
> I've looked into the sitemap.xmap from the CVS and I've some little
> questions, for they I doesn't found any answer in the avaliable docs.
> And for now, I couldn't look deeper into the code.
>
> 1. Why there are different <map:pipeline> sections? I thought that I must
> build my pipelines inside of <map:match>'s.

You build your resources inside of map:match. I confess the nameing
might lead to misunderstandings.

> 2. What is a <map:view> for?

Well, best you can do go search the archive and try to understand what
Stefano Mazzochi had in mind. For short map:views are used to produce
different dimensions of a resource.

> 3. Can I point to a <map:resource> as src from inside a
>    <map:aggregate><map:part> element?

No not directly. map:resources are used with the
<map:redirect resource="resource-name"/> element.

> 4. There are any discussions about the abstraction level of the generated XML
> between several transformation steps inside of an application? E.g. The XML
> enrichment with layout and composition information after the first Generator,
> an Aggregator and a Transformer for HTML or WML or so on.

Didn't get what you mean here.

Giacomo