cocoon-users mailing list archives

From giacomo <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2] basic C2 serving questions
Date Sat, 05 May 2001 18:13:59 GMT

On Sat, 5 May 2001, flourish wrote:

> I know how to setup apache to send requests to Tomcat.  In setting up
> Cocoon1, I sent all the .xml requests sent to apache to the cocoon module in
> tomcat.  This doesn't seem to make much sense in Cocoon2, with respect to
> the sitemap.  Should I setup my apache document root at the root of the
> cocoon servlet?  This isn't really a technical question.

I doesn't have to be the document root. While Cocoon1 controls an
extension (normally .xml) Cocoon2 controls an URI space. It dosn't
matter to Cocoon2 which URI space you give him (it depends mainly how
you name the servlet context you use to deploy Cocoon2). But then every
URL starting with the URI spacce given to Cocoon2 is controlled by
Cocoon2.

Giacomo