cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: [C2] repsonse.sendRedirect
Date Thu, 10 May 2001 16:36:11 GMT
On Thu, 10 May 2001, Andreas Neuenschwander wrote:

> I tried to use the repsonse.sendRedirect function, but it doesn't seem
> to work in Cocoon2 any longer.
>
> Is there an alternative way to send a redirect to the browser?
>
> I used this function in C1 without any problems...

some developers removed this since they felt it violated the seperation of
concerns. you can send redirects using the sitemap redirect elements, but
you cannot do it using the response object. if you have a use case that
you cannot accomodate using sitemap redirects, please, post it to the
cocoon-dev list - this discussion hasn't been settled yet.

- donald