cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Uli Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: [C2] basic C2 serving questions
Date Mon, 07 May 2001 20:25:28 GMT
On Mon, 7 May 2001, giacomo wrote:

> > And how does Apache know which requests are intended for Tomcat?
>
> It's very well documented in the documentation that comes with tomcat.

I know, my question was meant differently. The original poster said that
in C1 he told Apache to send .xml files to Tomcat (and from there to
Cocoon) and he wondered how to do that in C2. To that you answered: use
the Sitemap. But that doesn't answer the question, which should probably
be asked like this:

How can I make use of the Sitemap features, when Apache knows nothing
about it? In C1 you had to make the decision "Cocoon or no Cocoon" in
Apache - and in C2 this is the same thing. The Sitemap doesn't really help
here, you have to send all requests, that could possibly be for Cocoon, to
Tomcat.

So, *.xml goes to Tomcat, *.html remains with Apache, for example. The
Sitemap would be more useful if it ran inside the webserver.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Softwareentwicklung