cocoon-users mailing list archives

From paint...@mc.duke.edu
Subject Re: Turbine
Date Wed, 02 May 2001 14:51:50 GMT

Martin,

These instructions are for Cocoon 1, I don't know if they are the same for
Cocoon 2.

You set up a pool in the cocoon.properties by filling out the appropriate
information such as this:
processor.xsp.pool.database.mypool.driver=com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybDriver
processor.xsp.pool.database.mypool.url=jdbc:sybase:Tds:myhost:1025/mydb
processor.xsp.pool.database.mypool.username=pooluser
processor.xsp.pool.database.mypool.password=*****
processor.xsp.pool.database.mypool.maxConnections=3
processor.xsp.pool.database.mypool.expiryTime=3600000

Most of this is the same connection info you usually put inside of
<esql:connection>.  Replace "mypool" with whatever name you want to use for
your pool.

Then, in <esql:connection>, you use a single tag, <esql:pool>, to name the pool
you want to use:
      <esql:connection>
        <esql:pool>mypool</esql:pool>
        <esql:execute-query>