cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Erik Damgaard" <damgaard_e...@hotmail.com>
Subject ESQL-TAG
Date Fri, 25 May 2001 08:12:28 GMT
Hello Cocoon,

I have just installed Apache server, Tomcat 3.2 and Cocoon 1.8.2.
I am really interested in database - xml - html communication so I started up reconfigurating
the Esql.xml example to talk to my MS-Access 97 database.

I got a blank page when I run the application, so I was wondering about if you could be helpful
with a kind of tutorial about :

1. how do I configure Tomcat -> cocoon 1.8.2 to talk to my database. ( what does all these
parameters means ? )

And next

2. could you give me some more detailed instructions about the structure of the xml document
versus the structure of the
   database. How is this build ?

and finaly

3. How does you next build a SQL query that could go from "html -> xml -> Database"
and from "Database -> xml -> html"

I would be grateful if anyone could show me that, all due that it is a lot to ask for.

Best regards

Erik Damgaard