cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Tony" <t...@employer.com.br>
Subject Turbine in my own code
Date Fri, 11 May 2001 20:05:15 GMT

Hi all,

Cocoon 1.8.2
I'm trying to use Turbine connection pooling in my own code(not using esql
taglib). But the example code given on the site dosen't work for me.
I'm using DB2 v7.0

Those lines:
-------------
import java.sql.*;              // JDBC - Database access
import org.apache.turbine.util.db.pool.*;
[...]
static DBBroker pool = (DBBroker) DBBroker.getInstance();       // Gives a
compile error without the type casting
-------
gives me a
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.turbine.services.db.PoolBrokerService

In my cocoon property:
# These are your database settings, look in the
# org.apache.turbine.util.db.pool.* package for more information.
processor.xsp.pool.database.default.driver=COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver
processor.xsp.pool.database.default.url=jdbc:db2:TL
processor.xsp.pool.database.default.username=TONY
processor.xsp.pool.database.default.password=mypass
processor.xsp.pool.database.default.maxConnections=5
processor.xsp.pool.database.default.expiryTime=3600000

Could someone give my a sample code that implement this turbine connection
pool ?

Kind regards,

Tony.