cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Lee Goddard" <h...@leegoddard.com>
Subject RE: New CVS repository
Date Thu, 10 May 2001 08:50:18 GMT

> On Thu, 10 May 2001, Lee Goddard wrote:
>
> > Excuse me if this is my silliness, but I'm following the
> > instructions on the URL you give below, and at
> >
> > 9. When asked for the password: anwer "anoncvs" (without quotes);
> >
> > I get the response:
> >
> > cvs login
> > (Logging in to pserver:anoncvs@xml.apache.org)
> > no such user pserver:anoncvs in CVSROOT/passwd
> > cvs login: authorization failed: server xml.apache.org rejected
> access to
> > /home/cvspublic for user pserver:anoncvs
>
> Please check your command as I could reproduce you failure. It works at
> my site.

Okay: here goes.  Configured according to docs.
What I didn't tell you is that I'm...on Winodws (2kPro),
with a clean install of the GNU CVS client.

Following the docs, I got this:

 CVSROOT: pserver:anoncvs@xml.apache.org:/home/cvspublic (password
authentication)
 TCL is *not* available, shell is disabled

 cvs login
 (Logging in to pserver:anoncvs@xml.apache.org)
 no such user pserver:anoncvs in CVSROOT/passwd
 cvs login: authorization failed: server xml.apache.org rejected access to
/home/cvspublic for  user pserver:anoncvs

*****CVS exited normally with code 1*****

Cheers
lee