cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Lee Goddard" <h...@leegoddard.com>
Subject Cocoon, Tomcat and IIS...
Date Thu, 10 May 2001 05:24:39 GMT

Tomcat and IIS work well together, amazingly.
But I'm getting a 404 on *.xml files.

The install guide http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/install.html#tomcat
only applies to Tomcat with Apache, but from I've followed all the
steps I can apply, and guess my problem lies around the file
'cocoon.properties'.

I've copied it from the Cocoon distribution to my Tomcat
webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF directory, and have run into a possible
*thing* in the docs:

  "... edit the $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/web.xml file to
   point to the Cocoon properties file in the same directory. Do this by
   changing the text conf/cocoon.properties to WEB-INF/cocoon.properties.
   Note that this path is a relative path, and must be so. Don't try to use
an
   absolute path here. It won't work. Also note that the web.xml file
describes
   how to map .xml requests to the Cocoon servlet."

The original line in the web.xml file read:

<param-value>[path-to-cocoon]/WEB-INF/cocoon.properties</param-value>

I've tried all combinations, no joy.  Should [path-to-cocoon] be left in
or replaced with the path to cocoon (making the value an absolute path)?
Should WEB-INF be left in?  As this line refers to a file in the same dir,
and that dir is WEB-INF, shouldn't WEB-INF be left out?

Has anyone got this running on this combo?  I'd be really grateful
to hear from you!

Thanks in anticipation
lee goddard