cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Pablo Bendersky" <pbender...@itineri.com>
Subject RE: Internationalization
Date Wed, 02 May 2001 14:25:35 GMT
Sorry for the silly question, I'm new using cocoon.
How do you write a taglibrary ?

Thanks a lot.

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Oskar Werewka [mailto:ow5@poczta.onet.pl]
Enviado el: Miercoles, 02 de Mayo de 2001 11:19 a.m.
Para: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Asunto: Re: Internationalization

It is a good question, how to develop multilingual sites (applications?)

I have got something like this:

- all strings in a database
- taglibrary which inserts to my XML doc this:

<labels>
<label id="1">Process</label>
<label id="2">Status</label>
<label id="3">Worker</label>
<label id="4">Client</label>
</labels>

- and then in my xsl I use this templates:

<xsl:value-of select="/page/labels/label[@id='1']"/>

- to get the label

It works, but I would like to know how to do it better.
I want to have labels in db because I have developed some
application to add a new language version to the application.
And I also have language dependent configuration tabels.