cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Pablo Bendersky" <pbender...@itineri.com>
Subject RE: [C2] esql and Oracle, help please
Date Tue, 08 May 2001 12:25:29 GMT
Thanks for your answer.

I've added the class in the load-class parameter.
Now the problem is that cocoon can't find such class.
I don't know why.
I was using cocoon 1.8 with Tomcat 1.3, and it worked fine.
Now I've switched to Tomcat 4 and Cocoon2, and I have this problem.
When Catalina is loaded, it doesn't use system's CLASSPATH, I think that
could be the problem.
Do you know where is the OracleDriver class?
Where can I specify the directory on Cocoon config ?

Thanks  a lot.

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Berin Loritsch [mailto:bloritsch@apache.org]
Enviado el: Lunes, 07 de Mayo de 2001 06:02 p.m.
Para: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Asunto: Re: [C2] esql and Oracle, help please

Pablo Bendersky wrote:

> Hi, I'm using C2 (2.0b5, from CVS) and I can't connect to an Oracle
> database.

<snip/>

> Any help ?

Sure thing.  Your datasources entry is set correctly, so here is a
list of things to check:

1) web.xml has the OracleDriver class specified in the "load-class"
   initial parameter.

2) Make sure that the "user" user has a table named "table".  Oracle
   has an annoying habit of altering the set of tables visible to
   you based on the user logged in.

3) Make sure that the "uesr" user has the password set to "test"

4) Check the Log File.  Cocoon 2 creates a log file inside the
   context directory at ${context}/WEB-INF/logs/cocoon.log.  There
   is a ton of valuable information in there.  Every exception's
   stacktrace is in there.  You might find that the driver couldn't
   be found.

Let me know if there is something more specific I can tell you.