cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Paul Nock" <pn...@medicineplanet.com>
Subject RE: Sessions and WML
Date Mon, 14 May 2001 17:56:20 GMT
Put the sessionid in the URL using the standard URL encoding of the servlet,
or make use of the linkencode processor of cocoon.  Rely on the platform to
do it, and all your Session tags should work just fine.

I'm using this in my Tomcat/Apache installation and use sessions with
phone.com, Nokia, Ericsson,etc. devices.

The linkencode processor is neat because you just need to add
<xsl:processing-instruction
name="cocoon-process">type="linkencode"</xsl:processing-instruction>
to your WML stylesheet - you don't have to go through the whole code adding
in URLencode methods. You might need to modify the processor itself though
since it was written with HTML in mind and might not pick up all the
attribute names that apply for WML tags.

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: declan kelly [mailto:dec_kelly@yahoo.com]
Sent: Saturday, May 12, 2001 2:48 PM
To: cocoon
Subject: Sessions and WML

Hi,

I am using Session variables to track logins and the
Session Taglib works perfectly for HTTP, the problem
is that I also need a WAP version, but alas the Taglib
doesn't seem to work for WAP.
What about using cookies, would that be a better way
to go, do many WAP phones even support them. Any
ideas, tips, sample code, anything??

Cheers

http://auctions.yahoo.com/