cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Morrison, John" <John.Morri...@uk.experian.com>
Subject RE: [C2] [SE 3.1] Installation Problem
Date Fri, 11 May 2001 15:10:59 GMT
Getting closer I think - I deleted by cvs repository and re-got.
Re-compiled the webapp and reloaded it.  I *think* this error means that
it's found the parser, but that it can't now load the roles?

<screen-dump>

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.configure(Cocoon.java:151)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.initialize(Cocoon.java:139)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.createCocoon(CocoonServlet.java:534)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.init(CocoonServlet.java:151)
	at
com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.CallServletInit(ServletExec.java)
	at
com.newatlanta.servletexec.ApplServletContext.CreateServlet(ApplServletConte
xt.java)
	at
com.newatlanta.servletexec.ApplServletContext.loadConfiguredServlet(ApplServ
letContext.java)
	at
com.newatlanta.servletexec.ApplServletContext.getServlet(ApplServletContext.
java)
	at
com.newatlanta.servletexec.SERequestDispatcher.forward(SERequestDispatcher.j
ava, Compiled Code)
	at
com.newatlanta.servletexec.ApplicationInfo.processApplRequest(ApplicationInf
o.java, Compiled Code)
	at
com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServerHostInfo.processApplRequest(ServerHostInfo.
java, Compiled Code)
	at
com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.ProcessRequest(ServletExec.java,
Compiled Code)
	at
com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.ProcessRequest(ServletExec.java)

embedded exception

java.lang.NullPointerException

stacktrace

org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error
trying to load configurations
	at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.configure(Cocoon.java:159)
[...]

exception

org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error
trying to load configurations

</screen-dump>

I've only got the one, I put it...

<cocoon.xconf>

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<cocoon version="2.0">
	<parser class="org.apache.cocoon.components.parser.XercesParser"/>

<!-- ===================== General Components ===========================
-->

</cocoon.xconf>

Is that OK?

>If so,
> remove the one that doesn't specify the XercesParser.  Also,
> check the spelling
> of the class name...
>
> It looks as if you have gotten to the point of actually
> reading the configuration
> files though...  That's an improvement.

*GRIN* I try.

> > have I missed something?