cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Dauben, Oliver" <Oliver.Dau...@Dresdner-Bank.com>
Subject commented debug info in ESQL taglib and FOP
Date Wed, 16 May 2001 11:45:12 GMT
hi cocooners,

* environment: sun e450, solaris 8, tomcat 3.2.1, cocoon 1.8.2 *

recently we found two issues in the cocoon 1.8.2 source code where debug
information gets piped to System.err:

	org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.library.sql.esql.xsl
	org.apache.cocoon.formatter.FO2PDFFormatter.java

since it's not using cocoons built-in logger facilities, this can't be
suppressed by changing the log level in "cocoon.properties". that caused the
esql processor to log each and every sql query to be logged to the system
console or - even more annoying - to the syslogs, which got our sysadmin
crazy ;)

shouldn't we use the cocoon logging facilities for that ?

cheers,

oLiVeR