cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Merging Static Source Documents
Date Wed, 23 May 2001 08:50:54 GMT
Quoting Peter Hargreaves <pd@hargre.fsnet.co.uk>:

> Hi Sandor,
>
> Yes, I took a good look at Infozone/Prowler/Ozone a couple of months ago
>
> and I'm still very interested in using this stuff. Prowler links all
> dynamic sources into one XML structure. So, I thought that I might have
> another structure for my static pages and xspages. Now that C2 has
> content aggregation, I'm less inclined to do it that way. So I'm
> converting my menu system to aggregation.
>
> Apparently, a major redesign of Prowler needs to be done to make it
> compatible with C2 (DOM to SAX conversion). Also progress on Prowler
> seems to have diminished they are "very busy with other stuff", so maybe
>
> the future of Prowler in doubt - I don't know.
>
> I do need an XML database that is compatible with C2 any suggestions? I
> think this means it must be SAX based - not sure!
>
> Peter.
>
> P.S. Have you any ideas on my "Re; C2.0a6 Installation Probs -
> cocoondb.backup" message that I posted. I'm completely stuck on this
> one?

The usual problem is that the <datasources><dburl> in cocoon.xconf is either not

absolute or points to an wrong location. The secure way to build and deploy the
cocoon.war file into a Tomcat webapps directory is using the following build
command:

  build -Dinstall.war=/location/of/tomcats/webapps-directory \
        -Dinclude.webapp.libs=yes install

Giacomo