cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Oskar Werewka <...@poczta.onet.pl>
Subject Re: New To XSP
Date Tue, 08 May 2001 20:58:51 GMT
At 13:49 08.05.01 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>some questions come up with XSP:
>
>1. There's no useBean tag, so how do I save user specific data during the
>session? Or
>Does the produced XML Page depend on the Session? (Sorry for my english:
>imagine there is Bean      on the page saving current requested category of
>articles, is this different to each user or the same?)

For Cocoon 1.x

I'm not familiar witch beans, but you have a variable session - which is your
session object, also you have access to the request and response objects.

Have a look at generated java files, probably at
%tomcat-home%/bin/repository/..........

>2. How is it possible to work with the same variable on different XSP Pages?

You XSP pages are java classes, which runs in the same JVM
so use static variables - or classes.