cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Yoichi Takayama <yoi...@webmcq.com>
Subject can't start cocoon-2
Date Wed, 16 May 2001 02:09:35 GMT
Hi all,

I am new to cocoon 2.  I just checked out todays cvs and followed the
instructions.

* Built cocoon.war - worked fine.

* Installed a new copy of Tomcat 3.2.1 - it works fine.

* Removed jaxp.jar and parser.jar and the work directory (according to the
INSTALL-FAQ)

* Put xerces-1-3-1.jar into /lib and renamed it as parser.jar

* Restarted Tomcat and went to http://localhost:8080/cocoon

Then, I get this error message:

java.lang.NullPointerException
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.java.JavaLanguage.compile(JavaLanguage.java:193)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.CompiledProgrammingLanguage.load(CompiledProgrammingLanguage.java:131)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.generateResource(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:244)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.load(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:160)
         at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.run(Handler.java:197)
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

So, it seems that the sitemap handler has got a problem.

Can anyone help???

Thanks,
Yoichi