cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Peter Hargreaves ...@hargre.fsnet.co.uk>
Subject Re: C2 Installation Probs - cocoondb.properties
Date Tue, 22 May 2001 09:10:20 GMT
Hi Peter,

Peter Nuetzel - inglobo wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> I think the problem with the SQLConnection isn't related to the SVG
> examples.

I agree it seems to be stopping several things from working properly. I
get the same messages when attempting any sub-sitemap examples.

> I've updated Cocoon2 on friday and the SVG examples also dont work - I only
> get broken image links shown in my browser.

The broken links could be because your browser can not handle SVG. I use
Netscape 6 to view my SVG. At the moment I get a broken link when viewed
with MSIE5 or Netscape4.7 When I view with Netscape 6 I get an SVG image
which just describes the URL. I had SVG working on a previous download
of C2.

> But no exceptions in my
> cocoon.log file.

Maybe SVG is broken in other ways - for both of us.

> I think I also experienced this connection problem you described with
> earlier versions of C2.
> Stop your servlet engine and edit cocoondb.properties. If the value of the
> 'modified' property is 'yes' set it to 'no' an start your server again.
> modified=no

I'm already set to modified=no but have just tried yes with no
impovement! In doing this I noticed that my cocoondb.* files are all
read only - so I've made them all writeable. It has helped - my simple
SQL and Sample Forms now work again. But I still get the same error
messages in cocoon.log

> That solved this problem in my environment. I think this is a HSQL related
> problem.

Or is is an Avalon problem? As you can see, the first error is now
reported as a cocoondb.backup problem. I think I'll put my problem out
again under an new heading.

Many thanks for your help.