cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Compiling Actions
Date Wed, 16 May 2001 20:25:37 GMT
Pablo Bendersky wrote:

> Hi, I have a little question regarding actions.
> I write an action (An have a .java file), then I compile it, and then ?
> Where do I have to put the .class file to make it work ? I tried
> WEB-INF/classes
> and it didn't work.
> Does my class has to belong to the org.apache.cocoon.acting package ? Do I
> have to put it into cocoon.jar ?

The class has to be in the classpath.  If you have a .class file that is
in the "com.mycom.action" package, then the file needs to be in the classes
directory like this:

WEB-INF/classes/com/mycom/action/MyAction.class

If it has no package, then it needs to be in the classes directory like this:

WEB-INF/classes/MyAction.class

If your Servlet Engine isn't loading that class into the classloader, then
that is a separate issue altogether.