cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Fred Tsang <fred.ts...@widelearning.com>
Subject RE: [c2] Problem with Avalon
Date Thu, 31 May 2001 13:46:14 GMT
Sorry,

My environment is:

Tomcat 3.2.1
JDK 1.3.1
Solaris 8

I've placed all the jar files from WEB-INF/lib into my $TOMCAT_HOME/lib
folder, and removed any duplicates from previous versions.  I'll try
removing the avalon jars from the lib folder, but I'm a little skeptical.
If cocoon can't find the classes, how will it operate?

thanks for the tip!

cheers,
Fred
-----Original Message-----
From: Berin Loritsch [mailto:bloritsch@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2001 1:37 PM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: [c2] Problem with Avalon

Fred Tsang wrote:

> I'm having a problem getting the latest c2 build to work.  After building
> the war file and installing it on Tomcat, I get a "The sitemap handler's
> sitemap is not available" error.

What is your servlet engine?  That would help.
Basically, you do not have Avalon in your classpath.  Some servlet engines
like IBM WebSphere relocate the jars out of the typical location in the
servlet spec.  Cocoon does have a couple of initial parameters you can
place in your web.xml that will tell it where the classes are located.