cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Steven Punte <stevep...@excite.com>
Subject Re: C1 performance: Use of Saxon on 1.8.2
Date Mon, 21 May 2001 20:24:55 GMT
Tony:

   YES.  I know the feeling.  I'm presently serving
   off a 300MHz 96MByte cobalt unit!  Thank god
   we are not yet in production yet.  It gives me
   time to find optimizations.

   I switched from using Xalan to Saxon the other
   month.  It's not without issues, but my XSLT
   time decreased 75%, and my overall page rendering
   time is about twice as fast.

   You can find the details of intergration at
   http://www.candlelightsoftware.com/cocoon.html.
   It is mixed in with the use of Orion, but not
   too hard to separate out.

   Saxon is not officially supported on 1.8.2, so
   there a few things you must do to get it
   up and running.

   Steve Punte
   stevep@candlelightsoftware.com

On Mon, 21 May 2001 15:59:12 -0300, cocoon-users@xml.apache.org wrote:

>  Hi.
>
>  I'm using cocoon 1.8.2 and I am now pretty much concerned by performance
>  right now.
>
>  My avarage pages response time is 0.6 seconde (about 70% XSLT
transformation
>  and 30% database pooled access). I find this pretty slow since the site
is
>  going to have something like 400 crazy simultaneaous users clicking
stuffs
>  all over.
>  :)
>
>  My fair is that our linux/redhat 1GHz / 500Mo Ram production machine
isn't
>  going to make it...since every request use 100% of the precessor machine!
>
>  Cache management is delicate... because most of our page informations are
>  based on POSTed request parameters. But we will implement cache in some
of
>  the most requested pages.
>
>  We plan to port the site later on Cocoon2. (when beta) Those Saxon
>  asychronous response will probalby drop dramatically those 70%, but we
still
>  need more.
>
>  So I go two questions :
>
>  1) Where can I find info on loadbalancing tomcat/apache ? we need
>  "statefull" load balancing (we have user session). Is this possible
without
>  posting the user ID in links and forms ?
>
>  2) What kind of web site load testing tools you guys use ?
>
>  Thanks for your advices,
>
>  Tony.

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/