cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [C2] creating a new datasource
Date Sun, 27 May 2001 13:15:26 GMT
Your on your own there.  I modeled the DataSource
after the javax.sql.DataSource semantics, but
simplified the interface and made the access conform
to Avalon Framework (what C2 is built on).  Those
semantics state that the DataSource can be pooled,
and that you are not guaranteed to have the same
connection object for each time you request the
DataSource.

In your situation, I would suggest opening your
connection object yourself, and storing it as a
session
attribute.

http://auctions.yahoo.com/