cocoon-users mailing list archives

From declan kelly <dec_ke...@yahoo.com>
Subject Broke my installation experimenting
Date Mon, 21 May 2001 17:29:35 GMT
Hi,

Apologies if this mail has already been sent to the
list, it's not turning up in my mailbox.
I was trying to add the LinkEncoding Processor to my
Cocoon installation (I downloaded and installed a few
weeks before that became part of the dist.) Instead of
rebuilding my Cocoon.jar, I downloaded the Cocoon
1.8.2 dist. thinking I could just take the files I
needed from that and substitute them into mine. I got
the linkencoding working but in the process broke my
DB access. I got this error on one page that had DB
access, but funnily enough not on another.

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/turbine/services/db/PoolBrokerService
	at
_F_._Project._jakarta_tomcat._webapps._samples._test._getTimes.<clinit>(_getTimes.java:48)
	at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaProcessor.load(XSPJavaProcessor.java:173)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor.loadPage(XSPProcessor.java:542)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor.process(XSPProcessor.java,
Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Engine.java,
Compiled Code)
	at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:865)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java,
Compiled Code)
	at
	at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java:160)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java:338)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I presumed that something relating to this had been
changed in the Turbine-Pool.jar aswell as the
Cocoon.jar, so I stuck Turbine-Pool.jar into my Tomcat
lib aswell, then I got this error on the pages that
had been working aswell as the error above on the ones
it had been on.

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.turbine.util.db.pool.DBBroker: method
getInstance()Lorg/apache/turbine/util/db/pool/DBBroker;
not found
	at
_F_._Project._jakarta_tomcat._webapps._samples._test._verify_login.<clinit>(_verify_login.java:42)
[...]

I can roll back and go back to the way everything was,
but then I lose the linkencoding which I need, any
ideas whats going on. I suppose I could go and try to
rebuild my original Cocoon.jar just adding the
linkencoding but I have a feeling I'll break that
aswell.

http://auctions.yahoo.com/