cocoon-users mailing list archives

From SÚrgio Carvalho <sergio.carva...@acm.org>
Subject Re: R: R: it is a mad thing!!C2 is sloooooo!!!!!!
Date Sun, 20 May 2001 15:04:21 GMT
On Mon, 21 May 2001 11:15:30 -0400
"Vadim Gritsenko" <vgritsenko@hns.com> wrote:

> Marco,
>
> Try also successive XSLT transformation;
> Divide your page on several independent steps (if possible) - and use aggregation to
make it whole again;

> I used this approach and managed to reduce processing time from 10 seconds to 0.2!!!!

This is true. <xsl:apply-templates/> execution time grows linearly against both the
number of elements in the input and the number of templates in the stylesheet. Splitting the
input allows for simpler stylesheets and usually simpler inputs, greatly improving performance.

One alternative is to use iteration instructions in stylesheets, like <xsl:for-each>,
but I definitely prefer content aggregation.

Sergio