cocoon-users mailing list archives

From oLi <oli_l...@yahoo.de>
Subject calling cocoon from a servlet (cocoon itself)
Date Thu, 17 May 2001 14:33:16 GMT
Hi all,

I want to send a mail using the javax.mail API. I want
to attach a PDF file to that mail that is generated by
cocoon. Usually, one would just do

messageBodyPart.setDataHandler(new
DataHandler("http://url-to-pdf"));

The problem is that the URL to the PDF file is only
accessible if someone's authenticated, and if I call
that URL, the session object of the authenticated
session is not included in the request.

Now I thought, ok, let's just call another cocoon
instance like in the fromServlet example and hand it
over the session object somehow. But now I've read the
fromServlet example is obsolete, and the FAQ doesn't
solve my problem - I'm a little bit confused now if
that's still the way to go. Has anyone come up with a
solution to this problem yet?

Thanks in advance!

ewige Blumenkraft,
oLi