cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Steffen Stundzig <stef...@smb-tec.com>
Subject Re: purpose of pipeline element; was: [C2] beginner questions
Date Thu, 10 May 2001 07:38:31 GMT
Hi Conny,

> Conny Krappatsch <conny@smb-tec.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 May 2001 13:59, Steffen Stundzig wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm back to Cocoon and I've read the documentation for Cocoon 2, to
> > develop some great things. :-)
> >
> > I've looked into the sitemap.xmap from the CVS and I've some little
> > questions, for they I doesn't found any answer in the avaliable docs.
> > And for now, I couldn't look deeper into the code.
> >
> > 1. Why there are different <map:pipeline> sections? I thought that I must
> > build my pipelines inside of <map:match>'s.
>
> I would like to rephrase this questions (hope you don't mind Steffen ;-) to
:
> Is the only purpose for multiple <map:pipeline> elements, that I can have
one
> <map:handle-errors> for each of them or is there anything else?
No. You can also specify, that the content of the pipeline, the <map:match>'s,
are only visible internally and some other stuff, such as 'is it a cached
pipeline or not' as discussed in cocoon-dev at the moment.

Regards
	Steffen...
Steffen Stundzig                            mailto:steffen@smb-tec.com