cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Sergio Carvalho <scarva...@criticalsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Help installing C2
Date Mon, 07 May 2001 14:36:48 GMT

I've just installed C2 yesterday, and with my configuration, it was a breeze:

Ingredients:
 * SUN JDK 1.3
 * Tomcat 4.0 beta 3 binary distribution.
 * CVS checkout of C2's source.

Recipe:
 - Install JDK (I put it on /opt/SUNJDK2)
 - Set JAVA_HOME and PATH environment variables (On /etc/profile.local for SuSE).
 - Install tomcat (I just unpacked the distribution onto /opt/tomcat)
 - Copy servlet.jar and jasper-compiler.jar from tomcat dir to /lib on C2's CVS tree.
 - Build C2 .war, including libs (./build.sh -Dinclude.webapp.libs=true webapp)
 - Copy cocoon.war to tomcat's webapp dir.
 - start tomcat
 - Look and behold http://127.0.0.1:8080/cocoon/

There may be a typo here and there (I'm not at home, so I can't check my command history),
but this is the essential.