cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Piroumian, Konstantin" <KPiroum...@flagship.ru>
Subject Re: Running C1 & C2 side by side
Date Fri, 25 May 2001 14:58:19 GMT
> On Fri, 25 May 2001, Piroumian, Konstantin wrote:
> > If none of this help, I can send you a full archive with tomcat 3.3
> > and two configured Cocoons (the so called CDK - Cocoon Development
> > Kit). But I have only old versions of Cocoon there: 1.8.0 and 2.0a3.
>
> Oh, heck, I'd love to get my hands on this - having a working config would
> give me just the jumpstart I need to get off of cocoon1/jserv and on to
> tomcat/cocoon1/cocoon2 (which I too am about to begin struggling with).
>
> Once I've got a working config, upgrading to the latest cocoon 1 & 2
> should be simple as pie - it's just the initial; setup that has me
> flummoxed.

Yes, it is.

> > If you have any further questions feel free to ask.
>
> If you have limited download space, could you write up some detailed
> instructions? I'm going to *TRY* this on my own, but any more detailed
> help would be nice - perhaps something the maintainers/committers could
> put on the web site (hint, hint)

Try to download the CDK from here: http://ziel.sm.pl/
Also, you can contact it's author for explanations.

If you need only a running version of Cocoon 2 then everything is simple:
1. Download Tomcat 4.0b5 (or higher) from http://jakarta.apache.org Tomcat
binaries section.
2. Unpack it, set your CATALINA_HOME environment variable to point to the
Tomcat directory.
(Run bin/startup.bat to check that it works, goto to the
http://localhost:8080).

3. Get the latest Cocoon from the CVS (instructions are somewhere at
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/cocoon2)
4. Build it using the command line from the INSTALL file.
5. Copy build/webapp/cocoon.war to your %CATALINA_HOME%/webapps directory.
6. Restart Tomcat.
7. Try http://localhost:8080/cocoon
8. Enjoy ...or ask more questions :)

Kot.