cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Piroumian, Konstantin" <KPiroum...@flagship.ru>
Subject Re: How can i send unicode special characters with my request ?
Date Mon, 28 May 2001 12:47:21 GMT
> Dear All,
>  I'm developing a multilanguage web application in which i use unicode to
> represent the coding of the characters of the different language.
> But i noticed that the unicode special characters (ex : special german
> letters and arabic letters ) are n't sent correctly with my request. I
think
> i have to encode the request parameters first which contains the special
> characters berfore sendind it then decoding it for processing in my
servlet.
> But i don't how can i accomplish it ?

Normally, the servlet container encodes your response if you set the Content
Type (or Locale) correctly.
What's is your servlet engine? I noticed some bugs in Tomcat 4.0b5 related
to encoding (some russian characters in UTF-8 where incorrectly encoded). I
use Tomcat 3.3 and have correctly encoded UTF-8 response in 6 languages (at
least 3 encodings: Russian, Armenian, some Latins).

> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>  M. Amin

Regards,