cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Jon Brisbin" <bris...@ipa.net>
Subject [C2] IncompatibleClassChangeError on jboss 2.2.1/tomcat 3.2.1
Date Sat, 05 May 2001 04:42:23 GMT
Just did a checkout this evening and built a .war file...put it into a fresh
jboss/tomcat installation and i get this really strange error...

<traceback>
java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError
 at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.initLogger(CocoonServlet.java:266)
 at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.init(CocoonServlet.java:114)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doInit(ServletWrapper.java:317)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.init(Handler.java:215)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.init(ServletWrapper.java:296)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)
 at
7)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
 at
(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:166)
 at
 at
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
</traceback>

this initLogger method does some stuff with the ContextPath, which I noticed
in the archives some folks have had trouble with in VAJ's WTE (tried that
earlier today...ssslllooooowwww environment to work in...emacs, baby
;-)...but I haven't usually had trouble with the out-of-the-box JBoss/Tomcat
distribution and C2, so I didn't want to make the hacks that were suggested
until getting some info from the gurus ;-)

Jon Brisbin
 ><> <><
brisbin@ipa.net
Lamar, Missouri  USA