cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Matthew Cordes" <cor...@cs.usm.maine.edu>
Subject Re: Getting started
Date Fri, 25 May 2001 19:07:47 GMT
Hi  Zahid,

----- Original Message -----
From: "zahid rahman" <kharal_zahid@hotmail.com>
To: <cocoon-users@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2001 2:59 PM
Subject: Getting started

> 2. Where exactly can I find the instruction to set up the components
> and the configuration instructions for the webserver.

Well, this depends what webserver you;re using and what exactly you mean by
components.

> Having set up the XML based webserver.
>
> 3. Where Can I find step by step instructions on how to do a HelloWorld
> example from coding to installation to deploy and run.

A hello world in cocoon?  Cocoon 1.8.2 comes with plenty of samples 1 of
which (if I recall) is hello world-ish.

> 4. Where can I find instructions to do a more complex example that
involves
> two screens ?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by screens. Can you elaborate? If
you mean multiple pages: again, the sample that come with cocoon should be
enough.

Good luck. Next time please try to be as specific as possible and we'll have
an easier time helping you.

-matt