cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Gritsenko" <gritse...@home.com>
Subject Re: A Cocoon2 Menu / Navigation System
Date Sat, 12 May 2001 13:04:38 GMT
Hey, any argument can be both wright and wrong at the same time.

That's why arguing is meaningless, but exciting activity.

Sooner or later one gets tired of it.

Viktor

----- Original Message -----
From: "Uli Mayring" <ulim@denic.de>
To: <cocoon-users@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 12, 2001 9:07 AM
Subject: Re: A Cocoon2 Menu / Navigation System

On Sat, 12 May 2001, Sérgio Carvalho wrote:

> Well, I've just ported one app I had written for C1 to C2, taking the
> time to refactor it for C2's design. I must say C2 simplified app design
> greatly, and I am now much more comfortable introducing the app to the
> maintenance team. In this particular case, C2 proved being one solid
> step forward. Cheers to the Cocoon crew for pulling it off.

Well, this statement is too general for me to comment on it. What specific
feature of Cocoon2 makes a Cocoon2 app easier to maintain than a Cocoon1
app? I've given several examples why I think Cocoon2 apps *may* be harder
to maintain (and portability is a large part of maintenance) in the long
run. But all I've heard in return are some general statements along the
lines of "I love Cocoon2, it is so much fun to work with it".

Hey, my arguments may be wrong, but so far no-one has dealt with them :)

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Softwareentwicklung