cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "David Morris" <dmor...@plumcreek.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon on iSeries
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2001 23:19:14 GMT
Ingo,

Thank you for responding, it is good to hear that someone has experience with this setup.

Apache is available by ordering group PTF SF99035. There are some pre-requisites.

http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/software/http/

Take the HTTP Server (powered by Apache) link. This will tell you everything you need
to know about Apache on iSeries.

Why do I need the 1.3 JDK installed?  I have found that the latest version of Xalan
needed the 1.3 JDK, but I based on the prerequisites listed on the Xalan web site,
I thought 1.2.2 would be OK.

Thank you,

David Morris

>>> ibruell@gmx.de 04/02/01 02:36PM >>>
Hi David,

...It  is  neccessary  to install the latest Cumulative PTF to get JDK1.3
and many bug fixes e.g. RMI class loading.
I am experienced in configuring AS/400 Systems. I have installed JBoss
with  Jetty and Cocoon on a Customer AS/400 with V4R5M0 but the needed
PTF's  were not installed so the Application Server crashed when i try
to call an ejb from the client. But the server started well...

How i could get apache for OS/400 ?

so long

Ingo Bruell