cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: xml to pdf report generation??
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2001 08:24:20 GMT
At 10:03 PM +0530 11/4/01, Rohit Bhalerao wrote:
>hi all,
>I want to generate reports in pdf format using xml files.I want to attach
>the stylesheet to .xml files and then trasform that to .pdf.has anyone of u
>have tried the same thing.If yes please share ur experiences.
>Thanks a lot in advance,
>Rohit

I find it works quite well.

You will have to learn XSL-FO, the XML Layout language that gets converted
to PDF, so you can write a StyleSheet that transforms your content XML into
it.

You will find many minor irritations .... lack of fonts etc. but it is
definitely usable IMHO.

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre