cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject RE: esql:results
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2001 18:50:19 GMT
On Mon, 9 Apr 2001, JP Moresmau wrote:

> Mukesh, the current esql does not support stored procedures. What database
> are you using? I have modifed the esql.xsl to support them, it hasn't been
> approved yet, but I attach the new stylesheet and an example, if you want
> to try it. The examples show in, out and return parameters, but you should
> be able to return resultsets as well from a database that support returning
> result set (not Oracle, since Oracle uses cursor variables, and there seems
> to be problems with Sybase as well, a workaround has been found but not
> tested...). Drop me a mail if you have any issues!!

i'm excited to hear back from users who've tested the stored procedures
patch - i don't have a databsae here upon which i can test it. i hope to
include it, though i'm not sure the grammar jp's chosen is what i'd
necessarily use - but feeback from people who actually need this stuff
is more important than my random thoughts.

- donald