cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Guenael.Tregu...@inexware.fr
Subject [C2]org.xml.sax.SAXNotSupportedException
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2001 14:18:24 GMT
Hello,
It happens that I replaced jaxp.jar and parser.jar in $TOMCAT_HOME/lib by
crimson.jar (v1.1 from CVS) and its jaxp.jar. I made these changes to have
SAX 2 and to
do "streaming parsing" (it is impossible with Xerces...).
But this configuration does not work well with Cocoon (2) :
during Servlet initialization, Cocoon caught this exception :
org.xml.sax.SAXNotSupportedException: Property:
http://xml.org/sax/properties/lexical-handler
        at
org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl.setProperty(XMLReaderImpl.java:248)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.parser.JaxpParser.parse(JaxpParser.java:61)
        at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.configure(Cocoon.java:153)
        at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.initialize(Cocoon.java:137)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.createCocoon(CocoonServlet.java:525)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.init(CocoonServlet.java:150)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doInit(ServletWrapper.java:317)
Cocoon tries to set a null lexical handler to Crimson, but Crimson does not
like it...
I don't know which one is wrong, Cocoon or Crimson but I choose to change
JaxpParser :

61,62c61,63
<         reader.setProperty
("http://xml.org/sax/properties/lexical-handler",
<                            super.lexicalHandler);
---
>         if (super.lexicalHandler != null)
>             reader.setProperty
("http://xml.org/sax/properties/lexical-handler",