cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Gaël Oberson <gober...@swissonline.ch>
Subject producer
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2001 15:49:20 GMT

Hi!

I'm a swiss computer scientist and computer science engineering student, I',
new to this list,  and I need your help.

I've written a cocoon producer that generates xml from a mySql database. I
work with Forte for java, I don't have compilation problems(JDK 1.3), All's
right.

The problem is that cocoon gives me an exception:

Publishing Engine could not be initialized.
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error creating
outlife.dbaccess.DBRead.SearchEngine: class is not found
	at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(Manager.java:114)
	at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Router.init(Router.java:80)
	at org.apache.cocoon.producer.ProducerFactory.init(ProducerFactory.java:72)

In the cocoon.properties, I have the following line:
producer.type.xmltest = outlife.dbaccess.DBRead.SearchEngine

and I tried this http request:
http://mysite/services/data.xml?producer=xmltest

I have a lot of servlets located in a non-compressed (non-jar)package
architecture, with the root element called "outlife".

These packages, the and the cocoon.jar file are in the WEB-INF/classes
directory of tomcat.

Note: all my servlets are working fine.(and faster as all I've ever seen...)
Note2: cocoon works fine with the static xml files and the Cocoon.xml status
page, but when I register my producer in the cocoon.properties, nothing
works.

I thought of a classpath problem, but if tomcat can load Cocoon, why can
cocoon not load my classes??? It has no sense!

Thank you in advance!

  Gaël Oberson
  Infomraticien
  Etudiant HES