cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Pankaj Bose" <pankaj.b...@patni.com>
Subject Cocoon 1.8 installation on Web Logic 5.1
Date Fri, 01 Jan 1999 00:07:11 GMT
Hi,
We are in the process of finalising an architecture where we plan to use
cocoon with WebLogic. As a first step towards this I was trying to install
cocoon 1.8 on WebLogic 5.1.
We followed the exact procedure as described in cocoon installation guide.
But when we restart weblogic server we get following exception on the
console
"failed to create servlet context for cocoonwar"
"Java Null pointer exception"

And ofcourse we can not run any XML file like cocoon.xml or
samples/index.xml.

my web.xml file looks like this-

<!--
     This is the web-app configurations that allow Cocoon to work under
     Apache Tomcat. Please, follow the installation section of the
     documentation for more information about installing Cocoon on Tomcat
-->

<!DOCTYPE web-app
    "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2.2.dtd">

<web-app>
 <servlet>
  <servlet-name>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</servlet-name>
  <servlet-class>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</servlet-class>
  <init-param>
   <param-name>properties</param-name>
   <param-value>/web-inf/cocoon.properties</param-value>
  </init-param>
 </servlet>

 <servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-name>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</servlet-name>
  <url-pattern>*.xml</url-pattern>
 </servlet-mapping>
</web-app>

I have added all the jar files mentioned in the installtion guide to
CLASSPATH using wlconfig utility

I would appreciate if you can guide me what is going wrong.

Thanks much
Pankaj Bose
Patni Computer Systems
Phone: +91 22 8291454 Extn: 5721