cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Andy Bosch" <andy.bo...@bytes2business.de>
Subject AW: ProducerFromRequest question
Date Sat, 14 Apr 2001 10:24:02 GMT
Hi,

I do have the same problem. My xml is generated
dynamically via a servlet. So I do not have
static xml-pages. I also read the faq ;-)

Does it mean, that I do have to redesign the
whole work in order to put all functionality
out of the servlet into xsp-pages?

Do I need servlets when I work with
cocoon and xsp (besides the fact that cocoon
itself is a servlet) ?

Thanks,
Andy

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Robin Green [mailto:greenrd@hotmail.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 12. April 2001 19:01
An: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Cc: carlo@icil.net
Betreff: Re: ProducerFromRequest question

Carlo Lau <carlo@icil.net> wrote:
>I've running Cocoon 1.8.2 and have written a Producer similar to the
>ProducerFromRequest.java in Cocoon 1.7.4

This was removed because it is a security risk. It's like giving anyone
shell access to your server.

>I then pass an xml file in the request from a servlet and it generates
>correct output the first time, but the results remain the same no matter
>how
>i change the content of the request. It only works after i delete the temp
>java files in the repository directory each time.

That's because the XSPProcessor in Cocoon1 was only designed to be used
after ProducerFromFile and not any other Producer or Processor.

I suggest you rethink your process, because even if it did work, it would
recompile the page each time any user requested it, which is slow, very
memory-hungry, and unnecessary. Check the FAQ on "servlet chaining".