cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "tony" <t...@employer.com.br>
Subject Cacheproblem
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2001 14:13:27 GMT

Hi all,

I saw previous XSP cache related problems in the list without proper answers
and I found myself in the same situation. I read the doc on how to make the
cache working, but I was unable to get it going.

Cocoon 1.8.2
Tomcat 3.2.1

(I am using Tomcat without apache for the developement.)

If the cache works, this simple XML example should return the first XSP buid
time stamp and not change on each refresh as it does. My Cocoon.prperties is
untouched since installation ( caching ON). What is wrong ?

Thanks for any suggestions,

Tony.

Cocoon.properties

# the default cache
cache = org.apache.cocoon.cache.CocoonCache
#uncomment this to disable ALL page caching
#cache = org.apache.cocoon.cache.NoCache
#Change this to false to disable all Last-Modified headers
#This will also disable client-side and proxy caching, but not Cocoon
#internal caching.
#Content that is not cached by Cocoon will not have a Last-Modified header.
lastmodified = true

This is my test.xml

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?cocoon-format type="text/html"?>
<?cocoon-process type="xsp"?>
<?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="manager.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>
<xsp:page language="java" xmlns:xsp="http://www.apache.org/1999/XSP/Core"
xmlns:util="http://www.apache.org/1999/XSP/Util">
	<xsp:structure>
		 <util:cacheable/>
	</xsp:structure>
	<xsp:logic>
      public boolean hasChanged (Object context) {
       return false; // to cache everything and leave
       // memory management up to Cocoon
		}
       // Define a variable to hold the time of day
      Date now = new Date();
    </xsp:logic>
	<page>
		<content>