cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Paul Nock" <pn...@medicineplanet.com>
Subject RE: Production enviroment with cocoon
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2001 16:15:55 GMT
I have Apache 1.3.9, mod_jk, Tomcat 3.2.1 and Cocoon1.8.3-dev.

I run on 2 Linux/Pentium boxes that have external loadbalancing, then on
each of the boxes I use mod_jk loadbalancer worker to balance between 4 JVMs
(so 8 JVM in total on both machines) running Tomcat/Cocoon.  I'm happy with
my results, but your mileage will vary on what those 600,000 users are
doing.  It's more significant what those users are doing, and how many of
them are doing it at the same time.  I don't have any comparison between
mod_jk and mod_jserv though.

I would say don't even think about NOT using Saxon XSLT if you are concerned
about performance. Xalan won't do it.

Make sure you have lots of CPU power and plenty of memory.

Paul
 -----Original Message-----
From: Marco Spinetti [mailto:m.spinetti@pisa.iol.it]
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2001 11:57 PM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Production enviroment with cocoon

Hi all,
I have arrived at the fundamental moment: for the moment I developed
services with Cocoon in stage, but I must now go in production. My problem
is the following: our services do 600000 users a day so I need a robust and
superabounded system. We were using Apache as Web server and two petitions
of Jserv as Servlet Engine. Apache is able to find out when a Jserv dies and
in this case the other turns all the loaded.
Now I have installared Cocoon 1.8.2 with Jakarta Tomcat 3.2.1: I would like
a superabounded system with Jakarta and Cocoon. Has someone created a
superabounded system with Jakarta? How do the workers work? Is Tomacat
competitive and stable as the Jserv?
What do you think?
Marco
m.spinetti@pisa.iol.it