cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: ProducerFromRequest question
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2001 17:00:56 GMT
Carlo Lau <carlo@icil.net> wrote:
>I've running Cocoon 1.8.2 and have written a Producer similar to the
>ProducerFromRequest.java in Cocoon 1.7.4

This was removed because it is a security risk. It's like giving anyone
shell access to your server.

>I then pass an xml file in the request from a servlet and it generates
>correct output the first time, but the results remain the same no matter
>how
>i change the content of the request. It only works after i delete the temp
>java files in the repository directory each time.

That's because the XSPProcessor in Cocoon1 was only designed to be used
after ProducerFromFile and not any other Producer or Processor.

I suggest you rethink your process, because even if it did work, it would
recompile the page each time any user requested it, which is slow, very
memory-hungry, and unnecessary. Check the FAQ on "servlet chaining".